6/15/11

Introduction for MSSE 580


My first name is Sarah and I teach middle school science in Belgrade, Montana. I live just a few blocks away from Montana State University, where I received my B.S. in Biology. This is my first summer in the MSSE program and it is sure to be a whirlwind! I gave birth to my first child just 3 1/2 months ago (a son named Ian). My husband and I have a furbaby named Mazey- she is a Huskadore (husky lab cross) who is adjusting to no longer being the only child. We try our best to take full advantage of our primo location and are more likely to be away from home than in it.

I am extremely interested in technology for the classroom, but unfortunately it is a constant upstream battle in my district. I could go on and on about how difficult they make it for teachers to incorporate technology into our classrooms, but I would rather focus on what I have been able to do with little to zero support from my district. Many of my technology dreams are wearing thin after three years of being dashed against the insurmountable rocky shores of our tech department, but I am trying to hold on. The pessimist in me says this MSSE 580 course will get me super excited about a bunch of stuff that I will never be able to implement in my anti-technology school... but the optimist in me is very excited for the opportunity to explore the latest collaborative online resources and implement them into my classroom!

2 comments:

danamayb said...

I love your blog. I find it to be very inspirational. Because I saw pictures on your blog, I decided to get brave and try to put one on my blog. It Worked!! Thanks for being an inspiration! Come hang out in Helena. We'll do coffee!

Mrs. Tabor said...

That is awesome! I love Helena and would gladly get coffee and inspiration with you. I will stop by your blog and check out your pictures!