7/10/11

More Web2.0 Tool Exploration

I have found a few things on my explorations for my MSSE classes that I wanted to post because this blog is my way of keeping track of things I want to find again in this big world wide web.

Exploratree is a great way to make concept maps and other graphic organizers. I haven't played with it too much yet but it was developed through a project to increase inquiry in the classroom (or enquiry as the Brits say).

Vimeo is a great site to store videos. I have had an account there for a few months with the intention of putting videos of my baby boy up to share with family. YouTube is so 2007.

 
Picture Teller is a way to make a slide show of images with a voice over. You can zoom into details of the image and pan. There is a site that offers some "how-to" videos which is always helpful!

Scitable is a great primary resource for doing inquiry investigations. It is from Nature, one of the leading science journals.The site allows teachers to build an online classroom and students to connect with their peers, collaborate, and share content.


How have I gotten all of these tiny logos to appear in my blog post? There is a tool called Skitch that allows you to capture anything showing on your computer screen and turn it into a .jpg that can be dragged and dropped into anything. Very useful!

No comments: